iHerb has shipped natural products to destinations all over the globe since 1996.
Just like the 1,500 trusted brands we carry, we entrust our shipping partners to deliver your orders in a safe and timely fashion.
While we ship to more than 150 countries, there are important procedures and policies our international customers should follow to ensure prompt and low cost delivery. To help our international customers, we have prepared the following:
1. Shipping Carriers and Options
- iHerb offers many shipping options for our international customers. Since the shipping options vary greatly based on your location, the website will present you with all the available options (e.g. UPS, DHL) at checkout. We often offer international shipping promotions, so please be sure to review the options each time you place an order.
2. Order Tracking
- Certain shipping carriers provide order tracking while others do not. If tracking is important to you, we recommend you select a shipping provider that offers order tracking, as iHerb does not offer refunds for packages lost during shipping.
3. Credit card verification
- iHerb employs a credit card verification system as an added level of security for our international customers. From time to time, customers may need to provide us with additional information to verify the account holder. When this occurs, iHerb will let you know via email with a message from our verification team (firstname.lastname@example.org). Most often, this occurs with your first order and periodically thereafter. Unfortunately international orders cannot be verified electronically or by telephone. iHerb takes these extra steps to prevent fraudulent charges to your credit card.
4. Your Contact Information
- Please make sure your shipping address, phone number, and email address are accurate and complete. This contact information may be used by the shipping carriers if they have problems delivering the order.
5. Declaration of Value and Product Description
- In compliance with international laws, iHerb states the full value of each order on the shipping label, minus the shipping charge. If you choose DHL or UPS International as the shipping method, we will send an itemized invoice along with the order. These invoices will indicate the name of each product ordered, the quantity of each item, and the cost.
- If you choose International Airmail, we will indicate the quantity of all the products ordered along with the following product description, "Natural Products for Personal Use." So, for example, if you ordered 2 each of 3 different products, for a total cost of $30 US dollars, we will state the following on the shipping label: Quantity: 6 Cost: $30.00 Description: Natural Supplements for Personal Use.
6. Import Taxes
- You may have to pay import taxes and/or customs duties. You may also be required to pay a brokerage (handling) fee for the shipment. These charges are separate from your shipping charge and you will be billed directly for them.
7. Customs information
- Customs regulations differ by country and not knowing their regulations can result in your order incurring high import duties, the delivery being delayed, returned or confiscated. We request that you contact your customs office and ask about import regulations and restrictions before placing your order.
- Please check with your customs office to see if your country permits the shipment of the products you are planning to order from us and if any additional licenses or permits are needed. If the product(s) is seized by customs, there will be no credit processed for the product(s). Unfortunately iHerb will not be liable for packages refused or held by customs for delivery.
8. International Refund Policy
- If your order is returned due to a banned/restricted products policy, a wrong address, refusal to pay customs fees, refusal to accept the order or because no one was there to accept delivery, we will refund your credit card as follows:
- You will be refunded the total amount of the order, minus shipping charges and warehousing costs, if applicable; and 20% of the value of the order (as a re-stocking fee). If the cost to return the product to us is larger than the refund due, we will instruct the carrier to abandon the order and we cannot provide credit. If the product(s) is seized by customs, there will be no credit processed for the product(s).
- Please Note: You will not be refunded until your order is physically in our warehouse. Once we've received your package, you will automatically get an email notification which includes the refund.
- For detailed shipping information regarding your country, please add a product to your shopping cart, choose your country from the pull-down menu, and then click "calculate." If there are issues we are aware of, we will let you know on that page.